South African companies in the timber industry have their own story to tell the world, and as we aim to be a world-class product, we want to hear from you and share your story through our multi-platform communities.
As a trusted industry resource, Timber IQ has been serving the industry for many years in design and construction using timber as an alternative and sustainable material. Providing access to quality, original and trusted information is something we will continue to work on, however as we move and grow with the industry, we can only do this with your help as the industry experts!
We are calling on the industry to engage with us and provide us with any of the following related to timber as a material, timber use in design and construction, or installation:
- Local company news (South Africa) – events, initiatives, social or community investment.
- New technology and advancements with tools and equipment.
- Research or white papers.
- Existing national standards and standards that you feel need to be reviewed (SANS, SATAS, Agremént).
- Projects/case studies both locally (South Africa) and in Africa that include a large element of timber components.
- Technical information on timber material, tree species and recommended uses, prepping, finishes, and so on.
- Timber engineering.
- The use of timber in relation to architecture and specification.
Every contribution to the Timber IQ brand will help to create an industry that is at the forefront of trends, news, solutions and relevant technical knowledge that will rival that of global influence – Timber IQ is a part of the industry as are you, and our advancement means the advancement of the sector as a whole.
Should you wish to contribute any information (formally or anonymously), please feel free to contact the editor, Benjamin Brits (Ben).
Office: +27 11 579 4940
Cell: +27 82 94 00 701